Friday, August 25, 2006

Let the Stories Begin

I knew I would have good college stories, but I didn't know they would start right away. Anyway, after moving in last Sunday I am starting to feel more at home and I am ready to begin classes. Before all of that however we have "Welcome Week" which is just to help us get to know Cal with tons of activities and such. Well last night was my first fraternity party. A bunch of people from my floor decided to go "frat hopping" and go to the parties.

There was of course the stereotypical drinking and loud music, but I only participated in dancing to the latter. Since I had a job interview this morning with the campus computer store, myself and a few other people decided to leave early and get to bed (no later than midnight). The rest of the 20 or so people stayed behind to keep dancing and such.

Now, i haven't had the best time trying to sleep in these new conditions, the new environment is causing some sleep anxiety. Anyway, at around 7:00, just before I decide to finally get up for the day, my roommate walks in and the first thing I say to him is "dude, re you serious?". My roommate, Guy, was out all night until 7:00 in the morning and he didn't come in to go to bed, he had to leave because he had his own thing to do in the morning. I proceeded to tell him he better tell me whatever story this involves later, "alright dude."

Anyway, after my job interview (I got the job) I went to Caltopia which is this huge fair/trade show event for the students at Berkeley. They have everything there, from banks, to energy drinks, to rock climbing gear. I used to think getting the SWAG (souvenirs, wearables and gifts) from robotics was a lot, but they had so much there.


Photo Credit: iSight camera in MacBook Pro

From the top right: A beer pong poster from winning at the game, water bottle, various pamphlets, toiletries, stickers, tattoos, measuring tape, white boards, Blue & Gold beads, magnets, tons of food (Full Throttle energy drink, mac & cheese, popcorn, fun sized candy bars, gum, trail mix, yogurt, cookies, and vegetable booty), Starbucks gift card, iTunes gift card, pens, pencils, lubricant, and my personal favorite from the sperm bank of California, condoms! This doesn't include all the drinks handed out at the event, including Odwalla juice, Naked Juice, Starbucks, Honest Tea and tons of others.

This is not high school anymore.

I also need help naming my MacBook Pro, I have narrowed it down to BearMac or CalMac, if you have a preference of any other ideas let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what lovely swag you have.

Anonymous said...

Swag rules.

We are coming up there in 6 days. We are bringing Alan.

:o)

Anonymous said...

Blogs are the best for college stories! I can't believe that your roomy came back at that hour! My goodness!