Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Welcome to Cal

Well I am here, in my dorm room, with my roommates, in my new city. I am in Berkeley. I guess I knew someday this had to come, just didn't realize it would happen this quickly. It was actually kind of anticlimatic, of all the movies you see of a kid going off to college they never really show what happens right after the parents drop them off. I wonder why.

This is Welcome Week where we pretty much just take a week doing fun activities and get fre food often. I went to the campus computer store to return my DOA computer to get it replaced. I am now writing this on a 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro. I couldn't really be happier about it.

There are a few things I forgot however, I forgot to bring colorful decorations for my room. The walls are a nasty gray and with two other guys, we don't really know how to make it lovlier. i have decided to take that tast upon myself. I will bring a few posters and buy a plant or something. I am also in need of some of the essentials such as detergent, water, and food for the room. I also need a digital camera to take these awesome pictures of the view I have from my room. If you look straight out you can see the Bay and it is beautiful. Ok maybe a digital camera isn't a necessity, but I do need it.

I miss you all very much and I will keep you updated on my new life here in Berkeley.

(One complaint though, this humidity doesn't help my hair too much, the gel can't hold it.)

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am happy for you, though feeling sorry that we didn't get to see eachother before you left. Free food for a jewish kid is always a plus, but I cannot imagine your hair being anything but amazing.

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy for us (you especially, because you're already situated). don't get too busy for me, now.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so when can we come visit?

Anonymous said...

You sure the walls are grey and not pink? lol... you're color blind... i cant believe you didnt bring squishy with you! poor squishy is all alone now. meanie

Anonymous said...

ditto on Janet's comment. I hope you enjoy your new life with frequent visits from those you left behind, lol. I kid...well not about the frequent visits.

Anonymous said...

hey kid, it's linz (jena's roomie). i know we just met today, but if you want help prettifying your dorm, i'd be more than willing to help before we get started with classes. just let me know!

Anonymous said...

Have a great year! Keep in touch!