Saturday, July 22, 2006

Home Remedies & Vacation Memories

I am finally back home. After 10 days of vacation, I have made it back to the 100+ degree Antelope Valley. My vacation spanned from Berkeley to Ashland to Bend to Portland to Olympia then Sequim and finally home... I am glad to be back.

After 19 hours, 1150 miles and various pit stops we made it back home in one day. It was one of the toughest drives I have ever endured, but luckily with a good book on CD, music and fellow passengers it wasn't as bad as one might have thought. I drove for about 300 miles in various locations, but the most fun was driving from Coalinga to the Grapevine on the I-5 at midnight. I was really tired, but the bright lights from other cars and high traveling speeds of 80 miles per hour helped like a double shot espresso. We got home around 3:00 AM Thursday morning.

As promised I am including a link to a photo gallery of several pictures I find worth posting on my blog, I hope you enjoy them because it was not easy sifting through over 500 photos to get the good ones of me and my family. (unfortunately it requires an account with Kodak, but no worries, it's free and I don't seem to be hassled by emails or just my junk mail filter is amazing)

[Edit: I fixed the link for the photos, I am pretty sure you don't have to log in anymore, just click "view slideshow"]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It won't let me see the photos! Help!

Anonymous said...

Yep! I got to see them. Looks like y'all had a good time.

I'm liking that fruit bouquet. What's up with that thing? Did somebody you know make that? Very cool. I like food as art.

Benji said...

No one I know made it, we got it at this specialty store that makes bouquets out of fruit. It was really good, but expensive, like 60 dollars for that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.