Tuesday, July 11, 2006

C-A-L-I-F-O-R-N-I-A

I am writing this from my hotel room in Ashland, Oregon.

The past two days I attended CalSO, the Cal Student Orientation in Berkeley. This included getting up at 6:30 in the morning on the weekend in the summer to drive up to the bay area wih my family in our 2003 VW Passat. We stopped in Cupertino to visit my aunt who lives in Olympia, but was visiting her parents. I also had an ulterior motive of getting to see the holy land, headquarters of Apple Computer.

On Monday I woke up to begin my orientation with people who put the same major on their application (mathematics). We did the typical "get to know you" ice breakers (which I hate), took a campus tour, and learned about what our first year experience at Cal will be like. We also registered for our first 10.5 units worth of classes. I also decided to change my major to something with a little more substance and amusement. My major is now philosophy (although I am sure it will change a billion times before I graduate).

I learned about the diverse history of Cal and I absolutely love the city. I am proud to be a Golden Bear and look forward to starting my new life there in the fall. As for the rest of the vacation, I will keep you posted.

I included some photos from the trip (I was behind the camera)




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos!

(And you know, I'm qualified to say so. Sort of qualified.)

How was the Holy Land? Did you get a t-shirt?

Benji said...

I did not get a T-Shirt, the company store was closed because it was a Sunday. We might make a return trip there though.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous... The photos are great though

Anonymous said...

I like that my name comes up purple on the comment list on the sidebar, but I was wondering.....can you make my name appear in PINK everytime I comment? That would be sooooooooooooo cool.

Heehee. TOTALLY kidding.

Anonymous said...

well, my little philosophizer...words cannot express how proud i am of you. keep doing what you're doing, and keep telling me about it.

aaaand ms. janet, your name appears only blue to me on the sidebar. that is, on the screen of my MACBOOK PRO.

Anonymous said...

So I applied to Apple and I might be an extra in the next Pirates movie :) Check out my blog tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Okay....I just figured out that my names appears purple because I am a link that has been viewed. Duh.

I am looking at me in purple on my new iMac! I think that's what it is called. I kept calling it a MacBook because I have an iBook (dead now) and a powerbook, so I was adding book to eveything, but it is a desktop. Blah, blah, blah.