Saturday, January 20, 2007

Procrastination is like...

One day into my new semester and I learn something that took me three months last semester to learn. I am of course talking about new procrastination methods. Last semester, during a writing workshop my English instructor tells us he visits cuteoverload.com which distracts him for hours. Of course, instead of working on the paper he assigned, I visit the website and spend hours looking at the cute kittens, puppies, ducks, and whatever other animal makes your heart melt. I did manage to finish the assignment though and I pulled off an A in the class.

Day one of the Spring semester: my LGBT professor starts lecturing on what the class is about (in case you don't know it's the history of alternative sexual identities in the United States) he pulls out a quote from isitnormal.com and discusses how the website works. People submit stories and readers rate it on how normal it is, ranging from staring at other boys in the locker room to the frequency of going to the bathroom in a given period. Of course the next time I can access the Internet I pull open the website and spend a good deal of the early evening reading a variety of stories and rating their normality. Thank God for the Internet, She most definitely blessed us with that.

Other than that, my classes this semester look promising. They seem to be a lot more satisfying than the somewhat dry schedule of last semester. I am taking LGBT 20AC, English 95, Environmental Science and Policy Management 191 (upper division) and Nutritional Science and Toxicology 10. I dropped linear algebra so I could take environmental science, I didn't need the math for GE or for my major (which I am pretty sure will not be math related).

One week down, sixteen to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could waste DAYS on the Internet.

Your classes sound good this semester.

Angie said...

Alright, i started a damn blog. http://applecat16.blogspot.com/