Sunday, October 22, 2006

On 'Weekends'

Weekends are a coveted thing here in college. They're worth their weight in boba. After a week of classes, papers, midterms, work, hall association, and Hillel the weekends are welcomed with open arms. A typical weekend for me is on Friday I work from 10:30-4:00. I love my work so it's kind of fun and enjoyable. Later on Fridays I go to Hillel for services and dinner, something to ease me into the weekend. After services I usually go out with Eric to get some boba, which I am I now an addict. I'll go back to my dorm at anytime ranging from 10:00-1:00 depending on what i do after boba. Either way I don't get to bed around 2:00 because I have to check and respond to my emails.

On Saturday I will wake sometime around 10:00 and sit at my desk for about an hour talking to people on AIM before getting my butt up to take a shower. I'll generally get out of the shower and around noon I'll head out to either the game or hang out with friends. Yesterday I hung out with Claire and Jena and we took in a movie (Man of the Year) instead of going to the game. In the evening it's anyone's game. I'll either go to Hillel for some activity or go out and eat which I only do around once a day on the weekends, unless there is free food where I might eat up to three times a day. Yesterday I saw the Afro Semitic Experience at Hillel as a benefit concert for Crones Disease, they were pretty awesome. Jewish dudes wearing traditional African clothing and big black guys playing the bongos while singing Eliyahu Hanavi. After the concert last night I went to get boba and watched Harold & Kumar.

Sundays are the worst day of all (excluding M-Th). I still get to sleep in, but I realize that I have homework/papers to write for classes that week. I then get my butt into the shower, procrastinate for about an hour, clean as a method of procrastination and finally I might crack open my textbook. On Sundays it's rare that I will go further than the dining commons less than 100 yards from my dorm room. However, I can get cabin fever easily and I might take a walk to Memorial Stadium which is awesome when empty. I then proceed to bed around 11:00 to get ready to wake up around 6:30 the next morning. It's all part of the routine.

However tomorrow I get to see Al Gore talk about Proposition 87. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cleaning is my main method of procrastination. The closer to midterms, the cleaner my room would get. During finals, I cleaned under my bed and cleaned out my drawers.