Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Meeting

So as you may or may not know I met one of my all time favorite people yesterday at a rally in Berkeley. Oh who was it? Well I'll give you some clues, he won a majority of votes in the 2000 presidential election, his policies during his reign as VP helped to create environmental standards and helped to forge the technology which created what we know today as the World Wide Web, and now he travels the country giving a slideshow presentation about the effects of global warming (on a Mac of course where he sits on the board of directors). yup you guessed it, I met the Al Gore.

Yesterday at around 12:30 I was at a rally in Berkeley for passing proposition 87, on the CA ballot it is for taxing imported oil and using that revenue to research alternative energy sources for the future. He talked about why we must pass this if we want to help stop the effects of global warming and create a better world for our children. If you are so inclined you can watch the speech here http://www.yeson87.org/page/invite/TakeTheLead. I was right in the front and center. I arrived about an hour early to assure a good spot in line. In fact my friend Claire and I were first in line and by the end of the rally somewhere around 2000 people had shown up! Here's a picture of him after he shook my hand.


Photo Credit: Claire Viall

Ah it was really amazing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man Benji I am jealous, but good for you!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!