Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Bulk of the Curve

I got my second philosophy paper returned to me today. My class is based 90% on papers and 10% on participation. I have 40% of my course work completed and my grade is a very solid "B". In high school I would never have allowed for this. I was always in the top 5% percent of my class, never would I have settled for 40%. This is a new feeling on content for me, of course I would love an A and I will continue to strive for it, but I think I am good with the flow of B's. I don't quite know what to say, except for that I have changed a little. I am at the "best public university in the world" not just a random high school in the high desert in California. The people here are some of the best minds in California, I think I might be ok being average when it comes to putting me in a pool with "the best". (Ok not really, I want an A)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and i want you to buy me presents.

Anonymous said...

i know, and we thought we were so damn smart. wtf is up with all these b's?

Jennifer said...

B's really are ok. I had to learn to deal with them when I had kids like you in all of my classes. thanks for stealing that top 5 from me!