Sunday, April 15, 2007

Scorns of Time 2.0

If you've checked my blog within the past five days or so you would have realized Scorns of Time has a brand new look with "new features". A few things are responsible for the new look: (1) blogger recommending I switch to their new templates (2) I needed something else to help me procrastinate and (3) I thought the old satanic look didn't fit me too well. Even though there are a lot more "elements" now, the page looks cleaner and more aesthetic. I also hope the new look motivates me to update more frequently and perhaps draw more readers. Maybe all the black/red [edit: apparently the previous look was not black/red as I previously had thought, all I know is that it was dark and I wanted something a little lighter] scared potential readers away... I guess I will never know. Before I go into my normal "life contemplating" babel, let me walk you through the new "features" of my site.

The first thing you'll notice is the annoying "navbar" at the top is gone. I couldn't stand looking at it whenever I visited my page, it chopped off the title, a no-no. My brief profile also finds itself on the new page, incase you forget just who I am and possibly what I look like. Probably the newest and most exciting thing (to me at least) about the new page is my "song of the moment" where I feature a song that I am either listening to, currently have on repeat, or feel explains my life situation at the moment. The current "Bob Dylan" choice was chosen because well, the page has changed. I know, really original. If the song is featured it means I own a digital copy of it and if you are ever curious about it feel free to contact me and perhaps I can arrange for us to "experience" it together. In case you're wondering why it is not called "The Song of the Day", it is because that requires I come up with a new song and actually update my page daily which, as we know, I cannot accomplish. Recent posts are also archived in a nice hierarchal style that gives the appearance of neatness with little drop down triangles. In a white box I have my most frequently visited websites, the first group are blogs and the second group is just an alphabetical listing of websites I visit multiple times a day. At the very bottom of the page features a newsreel of news headlines for keywords of my choice. All praise web 2.0. Well, that's the rundown of my new layout. Any questions? comments? other? whatever.

I don't want to go to deep into my life situation right now, it's too hectic. I will however state that my roommate discovered he could talk to random people on the internet when he plays his stupid shoot 'em up game. As if his incessant clicking at 2:00am wasn't enough, I now have to hear him (loudly) praise anonymous people about how they successfully completed a mission while still maintaining enough geekiness to get them into the Star Trek convention for free, by the way, that convention would probably the only time he left the room and socialized with people face-to-face. I should stop, I am sure his friends are wonderful cyborgs... I mean people.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, benji, your page was never red and black.

Angie said...

what kasey said

Benji said...

i hate you both

Anonymous said...

I like the new look!

Anonymous said...

hate as in that loving kind of hate, right? because if so, ditto.

p.s. bam!