Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Creeps

I like to get lost in my thoughts. Some places are better for that than others, walking somewhere, in the shower, brushing my teeth and in lecture are my favorite places to get lost. Sometimes I reflect on the shit going on in my life and other times I am just completely silly, even in my own head. While I was brushing my teeth the other day I thought about what I would look like with no skin at all, or even clear skin. Then as I finished brushing and reached for the floss (yeah I floss after I brush, I know there are two schools of thought on when to floss, this is just how I do it) I looked at my teeth and started thinking about my skull and what it looks like. I started moving my mouth around and looked in to see what it might look like as just a skull. I was indeed freaked out by what my brain conjured up. I hope I never have to see what just my skull looks like, but who knows, maybe one day there will be a way to have clear skin and I can watch my diaphragm raise and lower with each breath. Part of me thinks it would be cool, the other part thinks it would be creepy. Yeah definitely creepy.

3 comments:

Angie said...

wtf is wrong with you?

Anonymous said...

I am with you angie... Benji, you can already see your chest raise with each breath.. it called being white and thin!

Anonymous said...

If our skin was clear, people probably wouldn't smoke or do other bad things to their insides. Remember those lung posters from Health class? Uh huh.