Saturday, April 07, 2007

Best Friends, New Places, Great Times

One week back from spring break and I am already feeling the stress from the closing of the semester. This upcoming week I have three presentations, a small research assignment, an 18 page paper to start, and a write-up to complete... all before Wednesday. I have a feeling my sleep pattern will suffer the next few days. As a matter of fact this week's crazy schedule started just a few hours ago with the great homo history hunt in San Francisco for my alternative sexuality class where me and three other classmates romped around the city looking for landmarks in queer culture. Needless to say, I am exhausted.

Fortunately, I got a small break from reality when the two best people I know decided to take a few days out of their spring break to visit Jena and me. Kasey and Katie arrived in Berkeley early Thursday afternoon and we spent the time laughing and loving the fact that we were all together again. Even though it was only a week since I saw them last, it feels like it was a week too long. We consumed Peet's coffee, walked around Berkeley, spent hours talking with Peet's Coffee in hand, froze in San Francisco, and watched emotionally scarring "films". Did I mention, we consumed Peet's coffee?

Even though we were out of our natural environment (the AV) nothing about us together felt unnatural. The dynamic transferred seamlessly past the 400 miles and I had a wonderful vacation from the stressful reality I currently live. The saddest part of the vacation was before falling asleep when I realized they would be leaving and I would be without them in close proximity. It may be counter-intuitive, but even though I don't see them often, I feel like it's normal to be with them. Before I get all teary-eyed just writing this I will post some pictures of the trip and let me say thanks. I have an amazing summer ahead of me.


Kasey and Me outside the Ferry Building



Katie and Jena on BART



Kasey and Me on BART




I wish I had a group shot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we all look so happy in those pictures.
thanks for making it all come together.
:)